Friday, March 20, 2015

Act I

     So far reading A Doll's House has been very exciting. I am very anxious to know what will happen next between Torvald and Nora. This house is full of lies. Although in the beginning you see the way Torvald treats Nora. He finds her to be so clueless about everything that goes on around her. But little does he know Nora knows more then Torvald does. Nora can be a little manipulative but she has her ways. "One day I might, yes. Many years from now, when I’ve lost my looks a little. Don’t laugh. I mean, of course, a time will come when Torvald is not as devoted to me, not quite so happy when I dance for him, and dress for him, and play with him, " this quote shows that Torvald only cares about Nora's appearance. Nora isn't naiive as she looks in the beginning.
                  Nora's big secret could not be only affecting her family but most of all her. I find Nora to be a strong independent women in Act I. She proves that she doesn't need Torvald to do everything for her. Nora squanders Torvald's money but she knows what she's doing. Although throughout Act I her emotions change once Krogstad appears. It degenerates from happy to completely lost and hopeless. " Free. To be free, absolutely free. To spend time playing with the children. To have a clean, beautiful house, the way Torvald likes it." This quote shows how Nora wants everything in her house to be ok. All she wanted was a big happy family. Torvald shouldn't have to corrupt Nora or disrespect her in that way. I can't wait to see what happens next! I wonder, will Nora finally reveal her big secret to Toravald before it's too late?
               

1 comment:

  1. I agree that Nora's secret is affecting her. I'm wondering if Torvald is has any secrets.

    ReplyDelete